Thursday, July 24, 2008

Gym, Day Two

It takes 21 days to make or break a habit so the next 19 are going to be make or break for me. Yes, I did make it to the gym on Day Two - and I went swimming. The sky was clear so I opted for the outdoor pool (which was a little cooler than expected, but not too bad once I swam a lap). The pool is an Olympic sized one, but the lanes are marked off by the width, not the length of the pool. My original goal was to do 10 laps, then I backed off to 5. When I got in the pool, I thought 7 laps would be a good goal. Lucky for me, the rain coincided with the end of lap 5 and the feeling that I might drown if I attempted to swim another lap.

So I'm off to a decent start with exercising, but not so decent on the food aspect. I was starving when I got home after swimming and decided on an early dinner at a Japanese Steakhouse. I didn't eat as much as I normally do, but it still probably wasn't the best option for getting healthy!

I'm skipping the gym today and opting for a 30 minute ride on my stationery bike at home. I am making progress.

No comments: