Saturday, July 19, 2008

Babies and other ramblings...

A few of my friends have been busy lately - having babies!! Both of these little ones were due to arrive on my birthday, but neither cooperated. :(

Meet Lizzie - who arrived first, but still a week after my birthday!


And here's Inman - who came TWO weeks after his due date!

These two little ones are VERY lucky to have such amazing parents. They live a couple of hours away so I haven't met either of them yet, but I will SOON! I'm so excited to see Lizzie and Inman grow up and to see their parents as parents!!

In other news, I went to the store yesterday and got some school supplies to bribe myself to get organized and motivated to work on my dissertation. Hopefully, the bribe will work.

I had lunch with my friend Lori yesterday and she's lost 20 pounds. She has a workout buddy and she said that he was surprised with her success. She asked him if he questioned her motivation and he said that even though he didn't know her well when they started working out together, he knew that she was a very determined person. He just wasn't sure that working out would be something that she was determined about.

And now back to the need for the school supplies. I think the above description of Lori fits me too... I am a very determined person but I'm very selective about what gets the focus of my determination. So far, the dissertation has not made the short list! So, my goal for the day is to fill my new notebook with all things dissertation, get my desk cleaned off, and find a planner that suits my non Type A lifestyle. Any suggestions for a planner would be welcomed!

No comments: