Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Blog Action Day

According to Cool People Care today is Blog Action Day and bloggers all over are talking about poverty and I feel compelled to do my part.

Anyone who knows me knows I'm not big on research (again, WHY am I getting a PhD?) so I'd encourage you to do some of your own research locally on places that are tackling poverty on a daily basis. With the upcoming election, now is the time to figure out what the candidates are saying about poverty and how to deal with it.

And in the meantime, if you want to improve your vocabulary, go to Free Rice, learn some words, and give free rice to those who need it.

1 comment:

Sam Davidson said...

Thanks for doing your part and spreading the word about poverty. And you're right - Free Rice is a lot of fun, and does a lot of good!