Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bitter, Party of One

Well, I haven't posted in, seriously, 5 months, so why not jump back in by being bitter...

I have a good life, a really good life. In the scheme of all the things that could be going on in my life, I have to say I'm pretty happy with what I have. Today, however, I'm BITTER. Well, maybe not BITTER, just bitter.

There's a singer/songwriter Ellis Paul that I love and he's actually playing in town this weekend! I was so excited to find out about the concert!! I even had a date with this guy (TWO dates in one weekend!!) a few weeks ago and I knew he would love my boy Ellis. Really - we had a super fun couple of dates and compared our love of James Taylor, which is a big deal if someone comes close to loving JT as much as I do. What was even more exciting was that the guy could PLAY James Taylor songs on his guitar. And sing! WHAT? All of these things and he was nice? Clearly, it was too much to ask for. Really, it was. Turned out to be a loser. But, I digress.

Anyway, I was all kinds of excited about introducing someone to Ellis Paul's music. And the possibility of having a date for the concert, not just begging my friends in the hopes that one of them would take pity on my obscure musical taste and agree to go with me. Alas, no stupid boy to go with me to the concert and no friends who have given into my pleading. Of course, I haven't really pleaded with many because I'm just bitter.

There's one person I know would go - the ex-boyfriend. But, given that he needs to stay the ex, I think it's best that I not ask him to go with me.

So. There you go. Bitter, Party of One. Ellis Paul, one ticket please. Yes, just one, thanks.

No comments: